Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pledged: #1

I am reading the book Pledged by Alexandra Robbins. It follows 4 girls in a sorority and the things that happen to them. I wanted to read this book because I am thinking about joining a sorority next year and since I don't know much about them this is an interesting book to read. It talks about rape and how girls are mistreated a lot and told to keep quite to benefit the sorority. It puts a lot of emphasis on being "sisters" and part of a family but it seems like there is a lot of cattiness and drama that goes on. There are upsides to being in a sorority because you automatically have friends and a social life with little effort but i think that sometimes the book focuses on all the bad parts about being in a sorority. Since the author, Alexandra Robbins, was never in a sorority sometimes I feel like she takes a negative point to being in one and focuses on all the bad that can come out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment